I don’t think I use the term “beer accessory” too often, but that’s the only thing you can call the Wicked Cool Insulated Beer Cooler. This accessory is kind of like a Koozie on steroids. It’s made of double walled, insulated aluminum and is made to keep your beer cold and safe.
It is easy to use — you just place a beer into the base, slide on the top, and screw it together. Once your beer is in the Wicked Cool, you will be able to enjoy a cold brew with the peace of mind in knowing that it will stay safe if you happen to commit a party foul and drop your beer.
That being said, there are definitely some pros and cons to this device, let’s take a look.
- In the simplest terms, this just works. You put in a beer and enjoy. It keeps your beer cold and protected from small drops.
- It looks cool, just like any water bottle you’d have.
- Comes apart for easy cleaning.
- Comes with a bonus wallet-sized Ace of Spades opener
- Has opener on the lid as well.
- Fits standard 12 oz bottle.
- Not Versatile – only fits one size bottles, but not cans or shorter bottles.
- Not high-quality materials. The cap broke on one drop, and the sides dented easily.
- Not too rugged. Small drops are fine, but our closed bottle broke from a shoulder-height drop. (check video above to see drop tests)
- Top doesn’t fit with bottle cap still on. If you are trying to carry a beer in this from point A to B, you cannot screw the cap on fully until you open the bottle. This could lead to spillage.
- Only holds one beer at a time, can be cumbersome if you’re drinking a lot of beer.
If we’re being candid, we find it tough to see when we would use the Wicked Cool. It’s a neat idea, but we both aren’t people who use Koozies often, and it seems like it’s a little more hassle than it’s worth. Does it work? Yes, but I don’t see myself going out of my way to bring this tailgating or to a party.
If you’d like to get your hands on a Wicked Cool, you can find them here, or comment on our first video featuring a Double 100 rated beer to be entered into a drawing to win.